Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help with my Mac.

I have a late 2008 white 150GB Macbook. It's very old. I wanted to partition it's drive so I could run Boot Camp, but Boot Camp kept saying there were files in the way. So I tried using Disk Utility to free up some space. The Hard Drive wouldn't partition on DU either, even after I reinstalled OS X 10.5. I decided to restore, using the OS X Install Disk 1 as the source and the Macintosh HD as the destination, with the option to erase checked. Then when that was over, I went to try installing it again, but when I clicked continue, there was no destination to select for the instalation. I opened disk utility: My Hard Drive is now named "OS X Install Disk 1," and I cannot do anything to it. No partition, no first aid, nothing. What can I do now?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 3:56 PM

There are no replies.

I need help with my Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.