Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone wifi dropout

I got my iphone replaced 2 weeks ago because of a hardware issue. This has ios 6.0.1 installed in it. Now the replacement iphone has a problem where the WiFi drops out repetitively. Some times it doesn't even connect at all so i have to keep turning off my phone and sometimes i ahve to reset the network settings. i is there a way of fixing this?

iPhone 4 (8GB), iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 4:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 4:05 PM

Have you checked to see if there is a firmware update for your router? I'm not saying there couldn't be a problem with the phone, but a lot of times router troubles can exhibit the same behavior.

9 replies

Nov 26, 2012 4:15 PM in response to vincelam

User troubleshooting inclues restart, reset, restore from a backup, restore as a new device or not from a backup. If those don't work, then start looking at the router. If you take off the security, can you connect and remain connected? Do other devices have trouble remaining connected? Remember that when the iPhone goes to sleep that wifi disconnects automatically, unless something is downloading, and should reconnect when you wake the phone up.

Nov 26, 2012 4:22 PM in response to vincelam

Well, again, I have described the user troubleshooting. It could be a hardware defect, however many times it is software. If you have all of your data backed up and/or synced, you can try and restore the device as new, not from a backup. That will download a fresh copy of iOS. Without anything else on there, see how well it works. If it works okay, then try and restore from a backup. If it starts to fail again, you can see it is something in the backup. Restore as new again, and then just sync the content back to the phone.

iphone wifi dropout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.