Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Non-HP Ink Cartridges

I installed new cartridges in my HP printer, but they aren't HP cartridges. I normally use the wireless connection to print. My MacBook shows a message with a yellow warning triangle with an exclamation point in it. It says that HP cannot guarantee anything with non-HP ink. I've been unsuccessful pausing, holding, and resuming the printer. The message keeps appearing and my printer does not react. It is definitely connected to the computer, though.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 3:53 PM

1 reply

Nov 26, 2012 4:04 PM in response to anything_goes

Several of the ink jet printer manufacturers have been putting electronics into their print cartridges in recent years, in part to stifle third party ink cartridges. Some have overcome this, however, it sounds like whatever cartridges you bought may have not. If you reinstall your old HP cartridges do you still have the same issue? The solution may be to find other cartridges that work with HP or stick with HP.

Non-HP Ink Cartridges

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.