Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Black screen(Dead) 5thG 30gb Video Ipod Classic

Hello there

My 5th Generation 30gb Video version Ipod , Has stopped working and has gone into the black screen mode , it doesnt restart or reset and it doesnt charge , i have tried to conect it to the itunes to have it reset from there but it doesnt connect to itunes eighter , its basiccaly dead , i have tried all i could even left it to charge for a day still nothing happens , kept pressing the reset buttons for 6 min still nothing , have googled all i could and tried all i found , can anyone help me to get it started again , i appreciate u r help :-)

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 3:02 AM

9 replies

Nov 27, 2012 9:05 AM in response to planb77

the cable is fine , it does charge the other ipods and iphone , i changed the battery last week a and it was working fine , i left it playing ,came back fining it showing the low battery on the screen frozen , connected it to the charger and it went off slowly then the screen went all black and since then no sign of life , have tried connected and disconnected all the cables still nothing , i know the hdd is fine , if its something it must be logic board , when i connect to the charger i can hear a faint static on my earphone soi am sure the cable is fine , dont know might be the battery but i doubt it

Nov 27, 2012 9:13 AM in response to planb77

yep i know , thanks anyways i tought someone here might have some mad idea how to make this work again , has to be said sometimes this faults are fixed by themselvs i know many cases they just leave it to be and come back days or a year later and the pod works again , gonna leave it to drain for a while to see what happens

Dec 2, 2012 8:46 AM in response to planb77

As i have mentioned before i had tried everything , i received another brand new replacement battery from the supplier and replaced the new one and here it is working again , it turns out the battery was faulty , basically the brand new battery i bought worked for 12 hours only and it seems this model ipod doesnt show anysign of life even when pluged in if the battery is faulty , so ithink its better to try the cheap options first before going for logic board , regards

Ipod Black screen(Dead) 5thG 30gb Video Ipod Classic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.