Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A loose power/lock button is eligible for iPhone 5 replacement?

As I say in the title: after a week, my new iPhone 5 was making noise when shaked. I quickly discovered that the power/lock button is loose, even if perfectly functioning.

Should I go to an Apple Store/Center?

thanks.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 2:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 3:46 AM

I've had Sleep/Wake buttons fail before and Apple has replaced the device do to hardware failure under warranty. I say yes take it to the Apple Store.

4 replies

Feb 6, 2013 6:10 PM in response to Malignance

I had my iPhone 5 for a week and one of the volume buttons failed (stuck / broken). They replaced it no problem at the Store; HOWEVER the replacement unit has this very loose power/sleep button issue. I took it back to discuss this and to ask for a replacement, but they refused stating that it's still functional and that some iPhones "are just like that way".

I absolutely love my iPhone, but the first button issue and now this extremely annoying second-rate replacement issue has left a very sour taste in my mouth. I'm quite surprised to be honest, because I've had such great support from Apple in the past.

A loose power/lock button is eligible for iPhone 5 replacement?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.