Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to relocate additional content files?

Hello.

I have a MacBook Pro 15" late 2011. Mac OS 10.8.2 is installed on the 128 Gb SSD drive, and my "Home" directory and all files needed for my work, I placed on 1TB HDD in OptiBay.

I have a problem with Logic Pro 9.1.8 Installation process.

Can I install additional content from Logic Pro to HDD or relocate content files after installation? I'm using many "heavy" software and plug-ins in my work, and very important to me how much free space is left on the system drive.

User uploaded file

Logic Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), MacBook Pro 15" late 2011

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 3:02 AM

4 replies

Nov 27, 2012 3:16 AM in response to Constantine Quetzal

Hi

The download installers will not let you install anywhere except the OS drive.

Whilst you could move *most* of the content to another drive, it is probably easiest to start with the AppleLoops themselves:

Library:Audio:Apple Loops:Apple.

When you move them, you will need to re-index the Loop Browser: simply drag the new (moved) folders in the Finder on top of the Loop Browser in Logic.

It might be best to leave the 'basic' Garageband loops where they are.

If you need to make even more room on your boot drive, you could think about moving the JamPack sampler instruments (around 14G), but this could cause some issues with the EXS not finding the samples in their new location. Similarly, you could move the Factory EXS samples (4G), with the same caveat.

HTH

CCT

Nov 27, 2012 3:51 AM in response to CCTM

Thanks for the quick reply.

CCTM wrote:

Hi

The download installers will not let you install anywhere except the OS drive.

Whilst you could move *most* of the content to another drive, it is probably easiest to start with the AppleLoops themselves:

Library:Audio:Apple Loops:Apple.

When you move them, you will need to re-index the Loop Browser: simply drag the new (moved) folders in the Finder on top of the Loop Browser in Logic.

It might be best to leave the 'basic' Garageband loops where they are.

If you need to make even more room on your boot drive, you could think about moving the JamPack sampler instruments (around 14G), but this could cause some issues with the EXS not finding the samples in their new location. Similarly, you could move the Factory EXS samples (4G), with the same caveat.

HTH

CCT

Reindex database happen automatically? Will there files be duplicated?

Nov 27, 2012 5:49 AM in response to Constantine Quetzal

Constantine Quetzal wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply.Reindex database happen automatically? Will there files be duplicated?

Hi

The re-indexing will not happen automatically if you move the Apple Loops. You will need to manually drag the folders from their new location on your hard drive to the loop browser in Logic to get the index re-built.

You could manually delete the original indexes first (Library:Audio:Apple Loops Index).

The files themselves will only be duplicated if you do not delete the original ones.

CCT

How to relocate additional content files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.