Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keeping Hyperlinks when Exporting to PDF

Hi.

I have exported (not printed) a Keynote presentation with hyperlinks to PDF.

There are hyperlinks that are supposed to link to an external document which show up as clickable in the PDF, but the external doc does not open when I click them. A Security Warning box appears that says "This document is trying to connect to: [location]. If you trust this site, choose Allow". I check the box that says "Remember this action for this site for all PDF documents", and I click "Allow", but then nothing happens. And the same box opens again if I click it again.

There are other hyperlinks that are supposed to link to other slides in the same document. These don't even show up as clickable in the PDF. Just nothing.

I have tried opening the PDF with Preview and with Adobe Reader, same issues each time.

I am about to pull my hair out, because I feel like this should be easy and it is keeping me from completing a huge project when I am so close to done!!

Thanks for any advice!

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 11:34 AM

make sure you have made the following setting:

inspector > document > presentation > hyperlinks only

5 replies

Nov 27, 2012 12:16 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Hmm... Just tried that. The only thing it changed was that in Keynote slideshow view, the only way to navigate the document was with the hyperlinks (no arrow keys). Nothing changed when I exported to PDF. Still no functioning hyperlinks in the PDF. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Another question, while we're on the subject: In Keynote, when following a link to another presentation, it brings up the linked presentation no problem but it kicks me out of slideshow view. Which isn't ideal during the middle of a presentation, ya know?

Many thanks!

Nov 28, 2012 7:26 AM in response to Gary Scotland

The file type is Keynote. However, disregard this part of the question at this point; I have decided to add these external slides to the end of the original doc and just link within the doc.

So now I just need hyperlinks to other slides within the same doc to work when I export to PDF. Any ideas?

Many thanks for the responses and suggestions!!

Nov 28, 2012 10:11 AM in response to ErinBug

try some routine software maintenance

1 -

reset Keynote by deleting the preference file located here,

it will be replaced when Keynote is restarted:

system drive > users > Home directory > library > preferences > com.apple.iWork.plist

also run disc repair by:

shut down the Mac

start the Mac again

immediatly after the chime sound, press the shift key on keyboard

keep pressed untill the Mac symbol appears

let the Mac boot up untill the desktop appears, it will take much longer to start as it runs the repair routines

one the desktop appears, restart normally

may also help to list the basics:

creating the hyperlink

User uploaded file

draw a shape or type some text to use as the link object

select the object

inspector > hyperlink > link to: slide > then select which slide from options

creating the PDF

file > export > PDF >

User uploaded file

Keeping Hyperlinks when Exporting to PDF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.