Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I recreate deleted versions so I can clean out my library?

When I first started using Aperture, I was deleting images, thinking I was deleting the files off of my hard drive and out of Aperture. All I've done is delete those versions and now, I can't even see them in Aperture. Is there a way that I can reconnect EVERY photo I have on my computer to my Aperture library so that I can go through, once and for all, remove Original/Versions of all the trash off my drive?

Thank you,

JD

Macbook 13" Aluminum, Mac OS X (10.5.8), iPhone 3Gs, Aperture 2.1, iLife/iWork 2009

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 10:02 AM

1 reply

Nov 27, 2012 11:03 AM in response to jkdurden

It sounds like the originals were referenced and when you deleted the versions in Aperture and emptied Apertures trash you failed to tell Aperture to also delete the original from the HD, is that pretty much it?

If so I'm afraid there is nothing you can do you re-connect the files on your HD with the Aperture library. You would need to import the originals again, go through them in Aperture and this time when you delete them make sure you tell Aperture to delete the file from the HD also.

regards

How can I recreate deleted versions so I can clean out my library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.