Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickTime Player has stopped working

I have produced a ton of videos on Mac, that I am distributing to my bosses who own Windoze PCs, mostly over the internet. I normally don't do Windows. I have made sure the latest Quicktime is (according to what the function says) installed on their computers.

While I believe I've produced all these videos with the same H.264 codec (many in the same session, reprocessed ProRes through Quicktime 7 Pro), only about a third of them play (on Windows) the first time (on Mac I've never seen a problem). Some of them will play after a long delay (maybe slow internet, but the same file comes up in seconds on my Mac, on the same internet connection across the room). The majority of those files won't play at all, instead getting the "

QuickTime Player has stopped working"message, over and over.

I've read some archived posts that mention other people having the same issue . . . with no definitive resolution, just probing around different menus in the PC. The PC's I'm working with don't even seem to have the same tabs and controls mentioned in those articles. So here we sit with what should be a simple basic function, of playing a quicktime file made on a Mac, and showing it on a quicktime installed PC. And it doesn't work.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4), FCS 3

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 11:31 AM

1 reply

Nov 27, 2012 1:27 PM in response to creativestuff

Here's the windows error message in case anyone understands it.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: QuickTimePlayer.exe

Application Version: 7.73.80.64

Application Timestamp: 508900dd

Fault Module Name: QuickTimePlayer.dll

Fault Module Version: 7.73.80.64

Fault Module Timestamp: 508900c0

Exception Offset: 00005b6d

Exception Code: c0000409

Exception Data: 00000000

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.11

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: e0ec

Additional Information 2: e0ec30fb3beb90ae5df041b8b3f53c26

Additional Information 3: be30

Additional Information 4: be3073e61c4d67f4adc32765313a1b0f

QuickTime Player has stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.