Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sdxc mb/s transfer speeds on MacBook Air mid 2012

Hi All

I'm trying to find out what the mb/s transfer speed is for the sdxc slot on the macbook air mid 2012?

I want to purchase a 85MB/sec SDXC card.

Thanks, Paul

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 12:08 PM

The 2012 MBA comes with a SD card slot, not a SDXC slot. It will read/write SDXC cards just fine, just not at the speed normally associated with the SDXC standard. The SD slot is limited to the USB 2.0 interface it uses on the Air, which is a theoretical 480 Mbits/second. (60 MB/sec). Actual speed will be considerably less. For example, I get around 7 MB/sec write & 14 MB/sec read on a 20 MB/sec class 6 SDHC card.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2012 12:08 PM in response to paulmic2011

The 2012 MBA comes with a SD card slot, not a SDXC slot. It will read/write SDXC cards just fine, just not at the speed normally associated with the SDXC standard. The SD slot is limited to the USB 2.0 interface it uses on the Air, which is a theoretical 480 Mbits/second. (60 MB/sec). Actual speed will be considerably less. For example, I get around 7 MB/sec write & 14 MB/sec read on a 20 MB/sec class 6 SDHC card.

sdxc mb/s transfer speeds on MacBook Air mid 2012

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.