Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There's no place on my homepage to put a web address. Also my forward & backward buttons are missing, how can I retreive these? I called my on-line provider & they told me I'd have to contact Apple.

On my hompage, there isn't any place to put a web address. Also the forward & back buttons are missing.

MacBook Air (13-INCH, MID 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5), computer is updated

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 12:13 PM

I'm running 10.8 and Safari 6.0.2 so this might not apply to you exactly but, in that setup: in View on the menu bar is a setting for Show Toolbar. If it says "Hide Toolbar" then the toolbar is showing. If it says "Show Toolbar", it is not showing (so click on that and it will make the toolbar appear). If only certain pieces of the toolbar are missing, use View/Customize Toolbar.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2012 12:13 PM in response to irene136

I'm running 10.8 and Safari 6.0.2 so this might not apply to you exactly but, in that setup: in View on the menu bar is a setting for Show Toolbar. If it says "Hide Toolbar" then the toolbar is showing. If it says "Show Toolbar", it is not showing (so click on that and it will make the toolbar appear). If only certain pieces of the toolbar are missing, use View/Customize Toolbar.

There's no place on my homepage to put a web address. Also my forward & backward buttons are missing, how can I retreive these? I called my on-line provider & they told me I'd have to contact Apple.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.