Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do i need to so a pre-sign for delivery?

I llive in Argentina and im buying products that im sending to someone who lives in California. Why do i need to pre-sign for delivery? How am i supposed to do it living on a foreing country? Is it possible for the person living in California to do the pre-sign in my place?

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 2:17 PM

3 replies

Dec 3, 2012 3:20 PM in response to varjak paw

Apple requires a signature from the person receiving the shipment:

Terms and Conditions

I understand that Apple requires signatures acknowledging receipt of delivered goods. By signing the Shipment Release Authorization form, I hereby authorize Apple's carrier to leave my package at the address I have specified for delivery when placing my order. I understand that, in so doing, I assume the risk of any loss, theft, or destruction, and release Apple and its carriers from all liability that may result from, leaving the package where I have indicated on the Shipment Release Authorization form.

I accept the above terms and conditions

Why do I have to sign for my package?

Since most Apple shipments contain valuable items, we require our carriers to obtain a signature when they deliver a package. However, we realize you can't always be there to sign for your delivery, so we offer you the convenience of pre-signing for your packages.

What is Apple Pre-Sign?

Apple has made special arrangements with carriers to allow you to pre-sign a form and leave it at your door. The carrier will then have the option to leave the package at your designated location without someone being there to sign for it.

The pre-sign form needs to be posted at the front door of the delivery point, otherwise if no one is home the driver will leave a notice of where to pick up the package or how to schedule delivery.

Why do i need to so a pre-sign for delivery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.