4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2012 6:11 PM by mplongley
mplongley Level 1 Level 1

How can I keep Albums in iPhoto in the order in which I arrange them? iPhoto periodically rearranges them in seemingly random order.

Mac OS X (10.7.5)
Solved by LarryHN on Nov 27, 2012 5:28 PM Solved

You can always right click in teh album area of the source list on the left and select sort albums which does an alpha sort - there is no undo from this

LN

Reply by mplongley on Nov 27, 2012 6:11 PM Helpful

Thanks. Right clicked on the 1st album in the Album list which brought up the "sort" option. Does not work when trying to click on the "Album" title - which I had tried.

All replies

• LarryHN Level 9 Level 9
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

No - iPhoto does not "Periodically rearrange" your albums or anything else

What version of iPhoto? What order do you keep them in? What goes on between you ordering them and them being "reordered"?

LN

• mplongley Level 1 Level 1

Have iPhoto '11. Several times I have arrangged the Albums in alphabetical order. Perhaps "periodically rearrange" isn't the correct terminology, but if not the next time I open iPhoto then the 2nd or 3rd or 4th or..., the albums are in a different order, non-alphabetical. This was not a problem in the last iPhoto version.

Don't understand your question of "what goes on..."

• LarryHN Level 9 Level 9
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

You can always right click in teh album area of the source list on the left and select sort albums which does an alpha sort - there is no undo from this

LN

• mplongley Level 1 Level 1

Thanks. Right clicked on the 1st album in the Album list which brought up the "sort" option. Does not work when trying to click on the "Album" title - which I had tried.