Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is a USB3 ssd + Thunder bolt Lacie 256 gig drive compatible with a macbook 2008 with usb2 ports ?

Is a USB3 SSD + Thunder bolt Lacie 256 gig drive compatible with a Macbook 2008 with USB2 ports ?

I just purchased a Lacie SSD drive which ejects its self without any warning. Disappears from finder and disk utility. A message come up saying that the drive was ejected incorrectly when it is still shooing on desktop. I have tried both usb2 ports on mac with different cables ( usb2 to usb2 and usb3 to usb2 ) same problem.

Anybody have any ideas ?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 4 gigs of ram

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 5:26 PM

4 replies

Dec 31, 2012 1:22 PM in response to bwspot

After many emails with Lacie support they asked me to ship them the drive and they are sending me a new one. They did not say what the problem was ! Have not recieve the new one yet hopping issue was with the usb3 connection on drive and not my macbook.

Is a USB3 ssd + Thunder bolt Lacie 256 gig drive compatible with a macbook 2008 with usb2 ports ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.