Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

red audio bloc in timeline

User uploaded file

Since I upgrade to FCPX 10.0.6 I got a problem with the audio waveform overview in the timeline.

As you can see in the picture, my audio waveform switch to a red bloc suddenly after 10 minutes of work.

It happen almost 50% of the time randomly.

If I close FCPX and restart it, everything comeback normaly.

If I relink the media files it work for a while but the waveform comeback red soon or later.

I work for a big media compagny and i make a lot of videos each day so closing and restarting FCPX take times.

Any solution to my problem?

Thanks

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 6:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 12:33 AM

Have you tried trashing the preferences?

Corrupt preferences can occur occasionally and create a vast range of different symptoms, so whenever FCP X stops working properly in any way, trashing the preferences should be the first thing you do using this free app.

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

Shut down FCP X, open PreferenceManager and in the window that appears:-

1. Ensure that FCP X is selected.

2. Click Trash

The job is done instantly and you can re-open FCP X.

There is absolutely no danger in trashing preferences and you can do it as often as you like.

The preferences are kept separately from FCP X and if there aren't any when FCP X opens it automatically creates new ones . . . instantly.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2012 12:33 AM in response to Fred Poirier

Have you tried trashing the preferences?

Corrupt preferences can occur occasionally and create a vast range of different symptoms, so whenever FCP X stops working properly in any way, trashing the preferences should be the first thing you do using this free app.

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

Shut down FCP X, open PreferenceManager and in the window that appears:-

1. Ensure that FCP X is selected.

2. Click Trash

The job is done instantly and you can re-open FCP X.

There is absolutely no danger in trashing preferences and you can do it as often as you like.

The preferences are kept separately from FCP X and if there aren't any when FCP X opens it automatically creates new ones . . . instantly.

red audio bloc in timeline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.