Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I read no sender, no subject messages on my mac mail?

I recently bought a new laptop and have everything from the old transferred over, including my mailboxes. Since I did that, every single email in one of my very important folders within my mailbox read "No sender, no subject" It also says "No content". Now I know this isn't junk mail or anything as I specifically made this folder for all payslips that I have emailed to me, but now I can't open any of them. I tried importing the folder into Outlook, but no luck since, it doesn't detect that there is any data. Is there anyway I can open and retrieve these emails? It's very important since it is potentially a lot of my accounts data lost.

Any help is good help!! 🙂

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 7:28 PM

3 replies

Nov 27, 2012 7:52 PM in response to Thedukebox

I would check do you really have these messages.

It might be more civilized way, however I would go:

I do not know what OS X version you are on, however the mail messages location is more or less the same.

from finder menu click Go > Go to folder and type or copy from here ~/Library/Mail/V2/

in this folder you will find all the mail accounts you have. Go to correct one and copy mailbox you want i.e. myImportantMessages.mbox to Desktop , rename it to anything by removing .mbox extention and you will get folder, go into this folder and in finders search field type emlx (this is an extension for email message) choose to search in this folder only and you will see all the messages in it. you may use quick look to see contents of these messages.

How do I read no sender, no subject messages on my mac mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.