Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration Assistant Restore Fail... Please Help!

I just got a brand new mac mini. I replaced an older mac mini (late 2007 model running Snow Leopard) with Time Machine backups to a Time Capsule. After getting my new mac mini running with a completely different user account I ran the migration assistant and restored everything but the system and other files. I didn't think about the mac apps like iphoto, imovie, etc. I just wanted to bring my other installed apps back, but forgot about the mac apps. Well now when I go to software update I see I need iphoto 9.4.2, but it fails to install with can't be installed because OS X verstion 10.8.2 or later is required. When I look at about this Mac, it says I have 10.8.1. How can I install 10.8.2, so I can update iphoto to the current release? I suspect I have other iLife Apps that got overwritten like iMovie and others but the mac mini didn't come with any install disks to reinstall. Please help.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 7:05 PM

1 reply

Migration Assistant Restore Fail... Please Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.