Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered

Just some advice needed here. I'm using base iMac 21.5" from mid-2011 and recently I've had a few of the above error messages. I'm running Windows 7 Professional. Bought the iMac in May and it's started happening in October/November. It has AMD Radeon HD 6750M Display adapter.

My computer will lock up, the display will go black, and start tiling until I see the display come back on and have this balloon pop up near the clock: "Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered"

If I try and view a video after this, I'll get a BSOD and the computer will re-start.

The below is just a piece of what I get when I copy the notes when the computer restarts.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

I've checked the drivers via Device Manager and it states they are up to date.

Is this faulty hardware? Is there something more I can do? Since it is sporadic, is there a way a tech can re-create this? Would diagnostics testing show any problems? (I've got coverage with Future Shop here in Canada - which includes a free diagnostics when I bring it in). Are the Data Dump's available to review on my machine anywhere? Hidden?

I'd just like to get this resolved.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4), Bootcamp Windows 7

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 7:24 PM

2 replies

Nov 28, 2012 5:41 AM in response to mende1

Downloading drivers straight from AMD does not work. When you try to get the drivers, you end up downloading a small program automatically detect your graphics card. The program is then supposed to retrieve the appropirate driver. This doesn't work on laptop GPUs. Instead, go to this website and download the "Catalyst Mobility Win 8 | Win 7 | Vista" package for your OS - make sure you pick the right version (32- or 64-bit).

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=370053

Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.