Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So I went up to Verizon in Parkersburg West Virginia last night.

So I went up to Verizon in Parkersburg West Virginia last night. When I get up there I ask the nice sales rep, “hello, I was up here 2 weeks ago and they said the iphone 5 won’t be in stock till Christmas, im looking for a white 16gb iphone 5 do you guys have any left at all?” And the lady looks…there was ONE (happened to be that exact one) so I got it..came from an HTC thunderbolt, but anyways ive read a lot of the home button sticking and the purple camera thing, and everything, well im very worried mine will do that, is there any way to prevent this?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1, using iTunes 10.6 on Windows 8 64-b

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:41 AM

2 replies

Nov 28, 2012 6:46 AM in response to zac burkhardt

Any way to prevent something that has not happened yet, and is actually highly unlikely to happen, you mean?

Regardless of what you read, there have been tens of millions of iPhone 5s sold worldwide, and those problems are in the very, VERY small minority of units.

If, and I emphasize IF you experience problems, that is what the one year manufacturers warranty is for.

(Just because something appears to be common or frequent on the internet, you cannot assume it is actually common or frequent - the internet is an inherently biased resource for such things - for one thing, all those who never experience any problems are highly UNlikely to ever post anything).

So I went up to Verizon in Parkersburg West Virginia last night.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.