Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 7 bootcamp the FPS is terrible

I've been playing games in bootcamp for a long time however today i opened up League Of Legends and the fps was 23-18 fps but before it was running in 60-80fps, this also happened to skyrim, the fps is not playable but before it was beautiful. What is wrong? How can i fix!?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 11:43 AM

2 replies

Nov 28, 2012 12:00 PM in response to AnesuT

The hardware is what it is, not much help we can offer.

Just make sure you have installed the Mac device drivers on the Windows instance, so that "foreign" OS knows what to do with the Retina display and all the fine goodies found in the Mac. The BootCamp Assistant offers to create a drivers install media onto an USB memory stick (or a CD for us Retina-less Mac owners 😝 ) as one of the first steps. You use that when Windows is installed to have it update its worldview of things.

Nov 28, 2012 12:08 PM in response to AnesuT

You have to reset the smc. For whatever reason it doesn't switch to your dedicated graphics card. Here's the link to how to: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964

Pretty much shut down. While plugged in press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time. Release at the same time. Turn on and enjoy your full fps. Luckily these things restart so quickly you can be back in LOL in no time.

Windows 7 bootcamp the FPS is terrible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.