Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My imports are not showing up in Photos or Events

My imports are not showing up in Photos or Events. The only place I can see them is in the "Last Import" folder. When I try to re-import them it pops up the Duplicate warning which means they are in the library but not showing up. Any ideas?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 11:19 AM

10 replies

Nov 28, 2012 12:06 PM in response to Daniel Miller1

Select a pic in Last Import and Right-Click on it. Choose 'Show Event' from the menu. This will bring you to the Event containing the photo.

If the photo is in Last Import, then the photo is in the Library somewhere, just not where you expect it to be. Usual causes: the date on your camera is wrong, and so the date on the photo is wrong, or the sorting of the Events has changed (View Menu -> Sort Events)

Regards

TD

Nov 28, 2012 9:37 PM in response to sonicbloat

If they are in last import then they should be there - check the date on one of the photos in last import and look for that date in your library - last import, photos and events are simply different ways of viewing the same photos - if they are there in one view they are there in all views - somewhere

Select a pic in Last Import and Right-Click on it. Choose 'Show Event' from the menu. This will bring you to the Event containing the photo.

If the photo is in Last Import, then the photo is in the Library somewhere, just not where you expect it to be. Usual causes: the date on your camera is wrong, and so the date on the photo is wrong, or the sorting of the Events has changed (View Menu -> Sort Events)

LN

Oct 25, 2014 5:54 PM in response to Daniel Miller1

I just figured it out!!! as I had the exact same issue! I went to my 'photo' folder (in my iphoto - found under Library) and clicked 'view' from the top bar - and saw that 'event title' was checked so I unchecked it and 'lo and behold' there are all of my pictures that I uploaded!!!! I too had the problem of uploading and not being able to see it in 'photo' or 'events' but only able to see it in 'last 12 months'. When I tried to upload the same pics again - it would tell me of 'dublicate' pics but I wasn't seeing them..... After I changed the 'event title' option to be off (unchecked) in my 'photo' folder all of my pics showed up! I can now delete photo's on my iphone and finally clear up space! Hope this helps!

My imports are not showing up in Photos or Events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.