Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unlocked 4s software update

I want to update my software to 6.1 on my 4S because ever since it came out my signal is terrable. I went to T-Mobile and got a new sim card so that is fine.

Back story -- I updated my phone a few months back and Apple had to replace it because it was unable to hold charge after.

So now with my brand new phone and new sim card I can't maintain a signal for more than 20 minutes. The bars just jump around and drop calls. I've lived in the same place for 18 years its not my carrier.

What will happen if I update?

Is this some stupid way for Apple to make my perfectly good phone disfunctional?

Thoughts please -- this is super frustrating!

iPhone 4S

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 1:04 PM

2 replies

Dec 11, 2012 4:44 PM in response to razmee209

No it is an antenna issue or a software issue. I've had T-mo for 16 years and a year with the 4s (3 years with 3GS).

Things only changed after ios6 was issued.

T-mo is going to be sold through Apple after the new year. So what your saying is this is a bad move for Apple customers? - ridiculous- They offer great coverage actually -- check your facts -- I'm in Atlanta~ is it completely covered and I have a cell tower two blocks away.

I HAVE ALWAYS HAD GOOD SERVICE IN MY HOUSE.

I can walk around my room and loose bars -- it's weird.

My question is about updating an unlocked iPhone. I-Tunes won't let me but my phone will push it though.

ps - updates do make a difference btw -- hence the brand new phone from Apple after the last failed update.

unlocked 4s software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.