Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand (Mac) moving notes from bass to treble clef?

I am using GarageBand in the new iLife '11, and I just joined all of the instruments into one line so that when I go to [double click on selection > Score] the sheet music will all be on the same page, rather than seperate ones for each instrument. However, after looking at the sheet music, I realized that some of the notes were not in the right place. As seen in the screenshot below, I want to move the circled notes in the bass clef up to treble clef without changing the note. How can I do this?

User uploaded file

GarageBand (Mac) '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 2:48 PM

You cannot move the notes, sorry. GarageBand assigns them automatically to the staves. Either use separate tracks, or use only one clef. If you click on the clef, you can join the two staves as one single bass stave.

If you want a better score for printing, you might consider to buy notation software.

GarageBand is not designed for this kind of output.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2012 2:48 PM in response to rgraneyyy

You cannot move the notes, sorry. GarageBand assigns them automatically to the staves. Either use separate tracks, or use only one clef. If you click on the clef, you can join the two staves as one single bass stave.

If you want a better score for printing, you might consider to buy notation software.

GarageBand is not designed for this kind of output.

GarageBand (Mac) moving notes from bass to treble clef?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.