Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing problem!!

I got a new laptop, when my old one was water damaged. I tried to sync my ipod touch but it only synced my purchases, and not my CD imports. when I try and import a CD, it goes in itunes library but wont sync to ipod. Also, my itunes library has 328 songs in it but my ipod has 1300 songs on it. When i download something from the itunes store via my ipod, it will not sync to the computer.

Someone please help, I am desperate!

iOS 5.1, Ipod Touch 4th Gen

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 2:30 PM

1 reply

Nov 28, 2012 2:52 PM in response to dollypopstrop

You can only sync to one iTunes library/computer. If sounds like you did not make this new computer your syncing computer. For how to do that see the following. If all you synced media like apps and music are in the iTunes library of the new computer you can omit those steps.

Syncing to a "New" Computer or replacing a "crashed" Hard Drive: Apple Support Communities

Sync Your iOS Device with a New Computer Without Losing Data - How-To Geek

Recovering your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device: Apple Support Communities

Syncing problem!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.