Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I disable the three finger drag delay on the Magic Trackpad

I love three finger drag...it means the end of clicking completely for me and I do a lot of editing (audio)

I don't like how there is a .5 second delay between when you lift your fingers and when the drag is actually completed in OSX.

It makes my editing slower, thus making a great feature pointless in the end

I know you can do the drag and then tap to stop the .5 second delay but that also defeats the purpose of using something to save time and effort.

In creative fields like audio speed is everything and this is a GREAT feature gone bad.

If anyone knows how to fix it please, let me know.

magic trackpad-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:39 PM

4 replies

Sep 1, 2016 12:21 PM in response to Blacksunset

I have this issue and it's annoying. Like this poster said, makes the feature pointless as I can not work with this delay.

It's even worse on macbook trackpad 3 finger click delay as well as release. Why would this be intentional, doesn't even make sense. There's a reason why you don't delay a mouse click/release or delay keyboard presses.

How do you fix this apple??

How can I disable the three finger drag delay on the Magic Trackpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.