Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I change my alternate Apple ID from me.com to icloud.com?

Since the rollout of the now available icloud.com addresses, I have made the change and will no longer be using my original me.com email. I would like to replace my alternate Apple ID, which is currently the me.com, with the newer icloud.com, so I never have to worry about the me.com address again. How can this be done? Thanks!

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:03 PM

You can't remove the @me.com address from your ID or change the ID itself without creating a new iCloud account, and with it, a new @icloud address.

3 replies

Nov 29, 2012 7:48 AM in response to brodgers1977

Go to icloud.com, sign in. Click on mail >> gear in upper right >> preferences >> composing. You can uncheck the @me.com address there so you no longer see it in the "from" field. This change will also be reflected on your mac in the mail.app.

It will be, of course, still a valid email address that can be received at. But you won't accidentally send from it causing people to reply to it.

Dec 3, 2012 1:23 PM in response to Imp68

Yes, thanks for the tip, I understand how to change what email address is displayed when sending or replying to any email from my account. My question was in the direction of making it as though the me.com email address never existed in the first place, and removing all traces of it from the account, never again to be seen. That question seems to have been answered my another in this thread. Thanks, though!

Can I change my alternate Apple ID from me.com to icloud.com?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.