Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using multiple Google calendars through my iPhone, my work calendar treats my personal calendar like a separate account and won't let me modify the events from my phone.

I have multiple calendars on my Google account, though I mostly use my work calendar and my personal calendar. The personal calendar is the main one attached to my Gmail account. My problem is that when I create an event on my work calendar, it registers it weirdly: it says that my work calendar invited "me" (my personal calendar) to attend. This means that I'm left with limited options, either to "accept" the event, which copies it from my work calendar to my personal calendar (not what I want, since I have two separate calendars for a reason), or "decline," which makes the event visible on my computer, but invisible on my iPhone. I also can't modify any of these events from my phone - all I can do is RSVP. Since my schedule changes day to day and I need to add notes and constantly modify the events, this is a huge inconvenience and is having a negative effect on my work because it has led to my messing up appointments.

Events have also been disappearing from my phone, despite the fact that they're visible on my computer, and I think that's because they're events of that type, where my work calendar somehow invited "me" to them, but they are hidden on my phone. I have changed sharing permissions so that I am allowed to modify events in every way from every side, though it's really all on the same account, so I don't understand why this is happening.

Has anyone been through a similar situation?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 8:47 PM

There are no replies.

Using multiple Google calendars through my iPhone, my work calendar treats my personal calendar like a separate account and won't let me modify the events from my phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.