Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

importing photos from camera or compact flash so slow urgent help.

Little bit gutted, As this happen on my old MBP now i have a new one got the same proble,

on the 25th took part in the canon marathon, taking near 1000 photos raw on canon 7d.

I took so long, i could just get some of the photo to meat the dead line, but Mac my mac had trouble getting onto the net work . when it did was dead slow agains all other windows lap tops.

i went home to use my internet and again I could not up load to there entry form. only 2 MB J pegs.

I contunued to down load. Although I did not get to enter to their law. i phoned the agent and he said e mail So much trouble e mailing the photos. I took it to apple mac bornoe the next day, They could not get the e mail to send by atatchment .

The importing from my copact flsh , in the end took 9 hours,

yesturday photographed a wedding , i said to my wife this will take hours to tranfure to my mac, I had a 32 GB and two 16 GB

She said use hers, I sad No, this macs pwerful. Gutted it said and took 3 hours to down load 11 gb of photo info.

She took the same card and it only took less then 10 min.

Only differance . she is using window 2 GB ram 2.3 GHZ 4 core .

agains my Mac book pro with 8 GB ram 2.2 4 cor :

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B27

SMC Version (system): 1.69f3

Serial Number (system): C0******V7N

Hardware UUID:

Sudden Motion Sensor:

State: Enabled

I have 134 GB of free space . I tried canon program driect drag and aperture. Please help as this is emarresssing and not good publicity for mac. and my self as a photographer. Im being laughed at.

MacBook Pro, iOS 5.1, Lion 8 gb ram Custom HD screen. 750

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 11:20 PM

There are no replies.

importing photos from camera or compact flash so slow urgent help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.