Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mask/Matte a reflection in FCP7?

Any suggestions to remove my reflection from a television shot? Image attached. Thanks!

User uploaded file

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 12:45 PM

I am unable to view the jpg but here is a starting point for one possible option.

Duplicate the section of video you need to mask and place it on the track above.

Apply a 4 or 8 point garbage matte to the uppler video

Adjust the 4 or 8 points so that you mask out everything except what you want to use to cover the reflection in the existing shot(lower video).

Reposition second layer to cover the problem area.
Adjust feathering and opacity as needed to make it as seemless as possible.

Depending on where your reflection is and what other video you have from the same shot to cover it will determine how well this works.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2012 12:45 PM in response to goldfilm

I am unable to view the jpg but here is a starting point for one possible option.

Duplicate the section of video you need to mask and place it on the track above.

Apply a 4 or 8 point garbage matte to the uppler video

Adjust the 4 or 8 points so that you mask out everything except what you want to use to cover the reflection in the existing shot(lower video).

Reposition second layer to cover the problem area.
Adjust feathering and opacity as needed to make it as seemless as possible.

Depending on where your reflection is and what other video you have from the same shot to cover it will determine how well this works.

Mask/Matte a reflection in FCP7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.