9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 2:55 PM by darbypsnm
goldfilm Level 1 (0 points)

Any suggestions to remove my reflection from a television shot? Image attached. Thanks!

Fullscreen 11:29:12 1:40 AM.jpeg

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
  • darbypsnm Level 3 (720 points)

I am unable to view the jpg but here is a starting point for one possible option.

Duplicate the section of video you need to mask and place it on the track above.

Apply a 4 or 8 point garbage matte to the uppler video

Adjust the 4 or 8 points so that you mask out everything except what you want to use to cover the reflection in the existing shot(lower video).

Reposition second layer to cover the problem area.
    Adjust feathering and opacity as needed to make it as seemless as possible.

Depending on where your reflection is and what other video you have from the same shot to cover it will determine how well this works.

• goldfilm Level 1 (0 points)

I'll check it out, and tell you later! Can you see the image now?

Fullscreen 11:29:12.jpg

This is ridiculous... I'm inserting the image as suggested in the red instructions, from a Mac... what's wrong?

Are you adding the attachment via the camera to the right of the alignment choices?

This worked for me.camera.png

Yes... using the camera icon... I'll try with png now from Firefox instead of Safari. The funny thing is, it inserts the image. I see it before hitting "Add reply", then once it's posted the image is gone.

Fullscreen 112912.png

Trying JPEG from Firefox. If it works it was definitely a Safari issue...

Fullscreen 11:29:12.jpg

Trying now PNG from Safari.

Fullscreen 112912.png

This is weird... so it only allows PNGs but not JPEGs?

command+shift+3 creates a png of your entire desktop.

command+shift+4 lets you click and drag a portion of your screen and then creates a png on the desktop

If you are only in the side part you can just duplicate the clip and add it on top of the original in V2.

Use the motion tab crop tool to crop down to the upper left part of the screen and then move the 2nd clip over yourself in the first track of video.