Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion & Snow Leopard on One machine.

I'm upgrading my MacBook Pro. I am changing the 250gb hard drive to a faster 750gb hybrid drive. I have ordered a Seagate Momentus 750GB XT.

• I need to use Snow Leopard as on as a have old PowerPC applications
  • I also want use Lion (which I currently use) as I assume many applications I use will not run without it.

I have been told I would need to partition the drive in THREE; one for Lion, one for Snow Leopard & one for data & applications. Only I don't how to do this I have partition my external hard drive but issue that I don't know how much to give to which one and why?

I also need to know how to backup without Time Machine as I am backingup in Time Machine in Lion. Things may not be backwardly compatible from Lion to Snow Leopard and also right now I don't know if I with allocate the as much capacity to the Lion partition.

All help appreciated, thanks.🙂

-Matt

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 1:38 AM

There are no replies.

Lion & Snow Leopard on One machine.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.