Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to start "MAC OS X"

I have macbook G4, and it get stuck while booting the OS showing dialog of "Starting MAC OS X...." loading the blue bar like for ever and keeps freezed...

Anyone could help me please to guide me to install new MAC OS X??

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 3:47 AM

The "Macbook G4" model, IF that is truly what you own, is NOT compatible with Lion. You can only use up to "Leopard" I believe. You can read the following article concerning that:

http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/9701/Is+my+PowerBook+G4+compatible+with+Mac+O S+X+Leopard

Hope this helps 🙂

8 replies

Nov 30, 2012 1:34 PM in response to Walid.Hammal

About all you can do at this point is boot from the Original Installation Disk that came with your Macbook G4, and from there Format the hard drive, which will erase it entirely of ALL your files, and then proceed to install that version of OS X. I'm afraid all your data and apps will be lost. You should always be very careful to make SURE that your Mac is Fully Compatible with a new version of OS X Before you try installing it. It can be very painful otherwise. Good luck.

Hope this helps 🙂

Nov 30, 2012 4:20 PM in response to Radiation Mac

My Dear Radiation.

I'm just new to this PowerBook.. It was like this when i bought it and I thought it would be repaired by installing Lion OS X.. untill you guided me. I don't have any original disks.. I didn't format the hard drive caz you told me Lion OS X don't book.

Now I have Mac OSX Snow Leopard. is that it?? I don't mind to loose all the data but could you please guide me how to do format & install new OS ? I'm sorry for being annyoing 😟

Unable to start "MAC OS X"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.