Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I heard about problems with mid-2007 Macs converting from Lion to Mountain Lion

I am attempting to learn about known problems with upgrading Lion to Mountain Lion on the iMac (mid-2007). If you did have problems were you able to resolve them or were they insurmountable leading you to return to Lion. I read a few months back that there were some issues but Apple was attempting to fix the known bugs. I would also like to hear from iMac users with similar equipment who like the features of the new software. Thank you.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 5:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 7:27 AM

I'm aware of no issues with Mt Lion and mid 2007 iMacs though that doesn't mean there isn't. I've installed Mt Lion on 2 such computers in my home and the only thing I discovered was (as I expected) I needed to add more RAM. I've maxed both out at 6GB and that made a big difference from the original 2 GB and 4 GB they had before the OS upgrades.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2012 7:27 AM in response to Eldorado Forrest JR

I'm aware of no issues with Mt Lion and mid 2007 iMacs though that doesn't mean there isn't. I've installed Mt Lion on 2 such computers in my home and the only thing I discovered was (as I expected) I needed to add more RAM. I've maxed both out at 6GB and that made a big difference from the original 2 GB and 4 GB they had before the OS upgrades.

I heard about problems with mid-2007 Macs converting from Lion to Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.