Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can my course be acessed on a computer?

I'm creating a self-pacd, non-affiliated, invitation only course and to test I'm inviting myself. All works fine from my iPad but when I try to access from my Mac I'm told "You must use an iOS device to access this course. Is my course restriced to iOS devices? I was hoping it could be seen from Mac OS or Windows users.

TIA, K

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 5:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 7:58 AM

Apparently not. This from Course Manager Help:

Do one of the following:

• Copy the course enroll code.

Share the course enroll code with your students. Students request access by entering the code in the iTunes U app on an iOS device (iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch). After you approve a request, students can access the course using an Apple ID.

Note: Enroll codes are case-insensitive and dashes are not required.

• Copy the course shortcut link.

Paste the course link into a web page or email to share your course with students.

When students access the link from an iOS device (iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch), they can tap the link to request access. After you approve a request, students can access the course using an Apple ID. If you are an affiliated instructor, you can also email the course link to your institution's iTunes U administrator for inclusion in the iTunes U catalog.

That's kind of a deal breaker for me.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2012 7:58 AM in response to kevin5495

Apparently not. This from Course Manager Help:

Do one of the following:

• Copy the course enroll code.

Share the course enroll code with your students. Students request access by entering the code in the iTunes U app on an iOS device (iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch). After you approve a request, students can access the course using an Apple ID.

Note: Enroll codes are case-insensitive and dashes are not required.

• Copy the course shortcut link.

Paste the course link into a web page or email to share your course with students.

When students access the link from an iOS device (iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch), they can tap the link to request access. After you approve a request, students can access the course using an Apple ID. If you are an affiliated instructor, you can also email the course link to your institution's iTunes U administrator for inclusion in the iTunes U catalog.

That's kind of a deal breaker for me.

Can my course be acessed on a computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.