Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it really not possible to use photostream with a me.com account?

Photostream used to work for me, but not anymore. I'm connected to iCloud using my me.com address. Works great for contacts, calendar, notes, etc. Not working great for photo stream anymore. Not sure when it broke.

Anyway, here is what is happening now. Clicking on the photo stream "source" in iphoto, gives me a splash screen informing me about the wonders of photo stream, tells me I'm logged in as xxx@me.com, and gives me the option to "activate photostream". I click activate and an alert drops down telling me I have to login with my icloud account in the system preferences. clicking okay sweeps me away to the icloud preference panel, where we can find out that I'm already logged in. Checking the box next to photostream, produces an alert panel telling me roughly:

There isn't access to photos in icloud account xxx@me.com. Check your account information in system preferences.

So... what? Does it really want me to login to icloud with xxx@icloud.com instead of the existing me.com login?

I got started on logging out of icloud and then back in, but it tells me on logout that I have the choice of duplicating my contacts or deleting them. Neither option sounds appealing. Choosing "keep a copy" leads me to the choice of having all my calendar info nuked. I canceled. Maybe I don't need photo stream after all. Somehow, I thought it would just work like it did before.

Anyone else have this problem before? How did you fix it?

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 6:47 AM

10 replies

Nov 29, 2012 9:06 PM in response to Chris Miner

Same problem here. 😟

And I rely on it to funcion as it's an integral part of a workflow I've set up importing material from an app that publishes directly to the camera roll and is (was) immedialy available on my main mac.

Turning off iCloud and turning it back does not resolve the issue. I can not longer get anything to/from Photostream irrespective of device. I use an ipad, iphone, Aire, and desktop Mac.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nov 29, 2012 11:16 PM in response to Adam Bee

I'd suggest starting your own discussion and include a description of what you mean by "same problem here", "turning off icloud...", and "no longer get anything ...". My rational here is that by starting this discussion, I'm hoping people can help resolve the specific problem that I'm having, and not get sidetracked. Also, photostream works fine on my iOS devices. Just not on my desktop.

Nov 29, 2012 11:47 PM in response to Chris Miner

Yes as posted

1 - You need to use your Apple ID - see this article for set up instructions -http://www.apple.com/icloud/setup/

2 - And this one to reset your Photo Stream - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4890

Did you go through the steps in suggestion one - if soe then report what exactly happened

likewise for suggestion 2

2 ideas - unless you try them and tell us what happens then we can not assist

LN

Is it really not possible to use photostream with a me.com account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.