Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I run Final Cut Server with Java 7

or do I have to go back to Java 6 and if so, how do I do that? Running 10.7.5

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 6:46 AM

41 replies

Jan 30, 2013 12:39 PM in response to twfowler

Make sure you update your OS to 10.8.2 then ran Java 7 update 11. That's working for me.

BTW from what I'm seeing Java 7 update 11 does not work for Lion, but Java 7 update 9 does. If you need to revert download the little app I made. Here's the link to it: http://wisebyte.blogspot.com/2012/11/oracle-java-broke-final-cut-server.html. You can treat it as an Java uninstaller. Hope that helps.

Jan 30, 2013 2:17 PM in response to WiseByte

Thanks for the link.

However, I still get the same behaviour.

Here's the message I get from the Java console:

#### Java Web Start Error:

#### QTJava requires Apple Java VM 1.1 or greater

Exception in thread "Javaws Secure Thread" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class quicktime.QTSession

Also, does my server need to be on the same OS/version of Java as the clients?

Thanks for your help.

Jan 30, 2013 3:42 PM in response to twfowler

I have made the decision to move on from Final Cut Server. It served me well for about 3 years and I finally got everyone working on it. I can't live with no updates and the thought that one change in someones software could make it unavailable to my end users. I am probably going CatDV which in the end is going to cost me about $15,000.00. I feel really dumb using a product that is End of Lined.

Jan 30, 2013 4:21 PM in response to Robert Tompkins

I know how you feel. I have been thinking about the same move for the longest while. We also switched our editing from fcp7 to cs6 and we can only recommend it as our workflow is much more seemless. We actually had a discussion with Adobe and told them that the only thing missing in their product line is a solid answer to fcs that is integrated with cs6. We are also very disappointented in apple's decision to kill this great working software.

Can I run Final Cut Server with Java 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.