316 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 2:31 PM by smallIT
There are many different IPSEC VPN services, and iOS only supports certificates for some.
iOS devices work with VPN servers that support the following protocols and authentication methods:
- L2TP/IPSec with user authentication by MS-CHAPV2 Password, RSA SecurID or CryptoCard, and machine authentication by shared secret.
- PPTP with user authentication by MS-CHAPV2 Password, RSA SecurID, or CryptoCard.
- Cisco IPSec with user authentication by Password, RSA SecurID, or CryptoCard, and machine authentication by shared secret and certificates. Cisco IPSec supports VPN On Demand for domains you specify during device configuration.
- Juniper Networks, Cisco, SonicWall, Aruba Networks, Check Point, and F5 Networks SSL-VPN using the appropriate client app from the App Store. These apps from the App Store provide the user authentication settings for the VPN support in iOS.
- For other SSL VPN solutions, see if your vendor has a client app on the App Store.