Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IronKey won't launch under 10.8.2

It mounts, the contents are visible, but when I try to launch the control panel, I get the message "Unsupported Device was unable to establish a connection to this device, please go to support.ironkey.com for further information". I click on Quit and get a dialogue window that IronKey has quit unexpectedly. The only info on the IronKey site for this message has to do with Anti-virus software, which I do not use.

Worked fine under Snow Leopard.

Any ideas?

Mac mini (Early 2009), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 9:48 AM

3 replies

Feb 5, 2013 8:56 AM in response to macdrummer1

This just arrived from IronKey support:

Greetings IronKey Mountain Lion User,

We are writing to you because you expressed interest in being notified once an update is available that will allow you to use your IronKey 200 series device with Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8). We are happy to announce that IronKey software update 2.5.2.0 is now available.

This update includes:

- Support for Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

- Updated Identity Manger with numerous bug fixes

- Updated Mozilla Firefox (version 13)

- Updated Malware Scanner engine (Enterprise only)

- Other general bug fixes

This update will only work for S200 and D200 model devices. To get your device model, you can unlock your IronKey and go to Control Panel > Settings

> About IronKey and it will list your model. Do not run this update if

> your

IronKey states that it is an S100, S250, or D250 device.

You can manually download the IronKey update file by following these steps:

*We highly recommend backing up your data using the Secure Backup utility

(encrypted) in the event the device encounters any problems with the update.

1. Insert but do not unlock the IronKey.
  2. Download the file:

http://support2.imation.com/downloads/imn/IMS/x200/IKRestore_SS_2.5.2.0.exe

1. Launch the file once it has completed downloading. This file must be run on a Windows computer.
  2. Follow the on-screen instructions to start the update.
  3. Upon completion, you will be prompted to remove, re-insert and unlock the IronKey.

When the update has finished you must remove the device from the USB port, then re-insert and unlock it in Windows before it can be used in a Mac.

Your IronKey will now be at the latest version available for the 200 series:

2.5.2.0. This can be verified by unlocking the device and then going to Control Panel > Settings > About IronKey.

IronKey won't launch under 10.8.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.