Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I transfer my music collection from my computer to my ipod touch?

I have just purchase my very first touch anything... the unit is the ipod 5th generation ipod touch. I am a DJ and have lots of music stored on my computer, both on my laptop and on y desktop computer. How can I load my legal music collection to the ipod for my own listening enjoyment? I seem to have tried everything I could find on the Internet as a tutorial... but all I get done doing is typing in my password... over and over... with my big clumsy fingers... I am ready to through the unit out the window... Thanks

iPod touch, iOS 6.0.1, Ipod 5th generation

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 9:55 AM

6 replies

Nov 29, 2012 10:08 AM in response to mrsmucker

Typing your password into what? Since we have no idea what tutorial you watched, or who produced the tutorial, we have no idea what you know.

1. Have you downloaded and installed iTunes on your computer?
  2. If you have, have you imported the music on your computer into your iTunes Library? (iTunes can look for and compile a database of the media on your computer. That database is commonly referred to as your iTunes Library, or simply your Library.)
  3. If you have, have you tried connecting your iPod to your computer, using the USB lead that came with the iPod and waiting for iTunes to find the iPod?

By the way, an iPod is designed to Sync with only one Library at a time. If you attempt to Sync it with a second Library, for example, one on your laptop, the content already on the iPod from another library, such as the one on your desktop PC, would be removed.

So you are best advised to use only one Library for your iPod.

Mar 22, 2014 4:59 PM in response to mrsmucker

here are some steps that might help:

Step 1: hook ur ipod touch to your computar

Step 2: click on your itunes app on your computar

Step 3: once itunes has started up plug in ur ipod to your computar and your ipod touch should appear on your screen

Step 4: then at the top left corner there should be a files button so click on that

Step 5: after u have clicked on that there should be a list of things so click on add file to library

Step 6: then select an song or album that u want and click open

Step 7: it should apear on your list of music on your fron page so click and drag and drop over your ipod touch place and it should synce

how do I transfer my music collection from my computer to my ipod touch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.