Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there a way to control photo booth on macbook pro remotely

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 11:30 AM

5 replies

Nov 29, 2012 8:11 PM in response to Zyriab

Thank you for the link. I want to be able to take group pictures from my mac book using the photo booth app. From my understanding, the remote desktop is operated from another computer. In that case my, pictures would have a laptop in all of them. Is there anything else ( iphone, device, etc..) that would be able to operate photo booth remotely?

Nov 30, 2012 1:53 AM in response to akay220

Apple Remote Desktop is not what you want, it's an enterprise solution for companies and schools that manage large numbers of Macs, which you don't need to do. There's a much easier and simpler way to do this and it's already on your Mac.

What you want is to turn on Screen Sharing in your Mac's Sharing system preferences. Screen Sharing can be controlled using the common VNC protocol that is used by PCs, Macs, and other devices. If you install a VNC app on an iPhone, iPad, Android or Windows phone or tablet, Windows PC etc, then you can actually control a Mac over a network from any of those devices. I have controlled my Macs with my iPhone and iPad by using the app Mocha VNC Lite to connect to Screen Sharing. Just remember to turn off Screen Sharing when you're done, so that other people don't keep watching your screen and take over your Mac!

More info:

Control Your Mac or PC from your iPad or iPhone with Mocha VNC Lite

Use VNC to connect your iPhone to your Mac or Windows

If you are doing this over a local network, you can ignore all the info about adjusting your router firewall and setting up an external IP address. All you need to do is enter the network name of your Mac and its Screen Sharing password and you're ready to go.

May 6, 2016 6:06 PM in response to Network 23

So I've downloaded Mocha VNC Lite from the app store onto my iPhone SE but I'm not sure I set it up right. In the configuration portion of the app, I've entered the name of the computer, and there are several settings that are already auto populated so I haven't touched those. I've just added the name of my computer, my OS X User name and my OS X Password. I've also enabled screen sharing on my Macbook Air. When I click "Connect" on the app on my phone, it just spins and spins....

I've also tried using the VNC Password instead of my username and password and the same thing happens.

How long does it take to connect or have I missed something??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.