Skip navigation

analogue audio line level

270 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 1, 2012 3:27 PM by Dave Hutch RSS
Dave Hutch Level 4 Level 4 (1,455 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 29, 2012 11:47 AM

I've noticed the headphone level is a touch lower on my iPhone 5 than it is on the iPhone 4. At work, we have a bar area where people can plug in their iPods etc. to provide music and the level of the amp (set to max) is noticably lower when I plug in my iPhone 5.

With the iPhone 4, you had the option of using a dock to provide an analogue audio output at line level, which also be marginally better quality due to impedance matching with a line level input on an amplifier.

I realise there is unlikely to be an Apple Dock for the iPhone 5, but thinking about the Lightning to 30-Pin adapter that has a built-in DAC, would this be an option that provided a Line Level analogue audio output?

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.