Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBooK Pro 17' early 2011 slows, crushes..and restart.

Hello,

i have a problem with my MacBook Pro 17" early 2011.

With absolutely no reason, my MacBook started to have strange symptoms:

- after 20-30 minutes, it starts to work slolwy, crushes, i cannot close open programs

- the cpu temperature rises to 80 C

- this force me to manualy shut down the system

-after restart everything works fine

- then after 20-30 minutes, it frozen, programs are unusable, it slows incredibly.

I have alredy repeard permission of the hard drive, i have also unistalled flash player.

Any idea on what can be the cause?

I run Mountain Lion

OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)

with 4 gb ram

2,2 GHz Intel Core i7

AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB graphics

ANy help is welcome.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 1:47 PM

As a first step in finding what the problem(s) may be, next time open ACTIVITY MONITOR set to 'All Processes'. This will show you all of the applications and processes that are being used by your MBP. Look for processes that are using high percentages of the CPU and for those that may be not responding. In the latter case, there will be a message to that effect in RED next to the Process name.

Ciao.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2012 1:47 PM in response to lupomac

As a first step in finding what the problem(s) may be, next time open ACTIVITY MONITOR set to 'All Processes'. This will show you all of the applications and processes that are being used by your MBP. Look for processes that are using high percentages of the CPU and for those that may be not responding. In the latter case, there will be a message to that effect in RED next to the Process name.

Ciao.

Nov 29, 2012 2:35 PM in response to ds store

Ok solved! It seems that a document was in the memory, wich was not printed by the HP printer in the morning. SOwhen i was at work, it generated problems. Once i attached my HP printer (back at home ) it started to print, and the proces was back at normal and dissapeared. Thanks Very much for the help. I own both of You a cool beer 🙂.

MacBooK Pro 17' early 2011 slows, crushes..and restart.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.