Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I-Pod Damaged

My I-pod touch got damaged during Hurricane Sandy. It got water damaged to the point it shut off... and yes I tried to do the rice trick but it didnt work. SO it is broken 😟 but is there a way I could get a new I-pod to replace the one that I had? It was a I-pod touch, 32 GB, and the newest generation with the camera.

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 1:33 PM

Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for $99. They do not fix yours.

Apple - iPod Repair price

5 replies

Nov 29, 2012 4:14 PM in response to Community User

Yes. This

Apple - iPod Repair price

say $99 for a 32 GB 4G iPod.

Apple says:

Out-of-Warranty Service: If your iPod requires service for any other hardware failure that is determined by Apple to be repairable, Apple will service your iPod for the Out-of-Warranty Repair Service fee.

If you want to set up your iPod for the Out-of-warranty service, we recommend that you take your iPod to a local Apple Retail Store. Alternatively, you can contact Apple Technical Support.

For more details, please refer to the Repair Pricing tab on the left.

If Apple determines that an iPod is not repairable, for example, if it has failed due catastrophic damage or the iPod has been disassembled into multiple pieces, then Out-of-Warranty Service is not available and the iPod will be returned. Please see Apple's Repair Terms And Conditions for further details.

Unless the iPod is also mashed/run over it is $99

I-Pod Damaged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.