Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 11 duplicate albums local and in iCloud

Upgraded to Itunes 11 on Mountain Lion. Nice new features. Going to really like it...however...

• I have several albums covers that show up twice for the same album (5-10% of my library).
  • One one album, there will be locally stored songs, on the same album, there will be iCloud songs not yet downloaded.
  • NOTE: I do NOT have iTunes Match

UPDATE: before I clicked post message, I decided to select all my Albulms (Select All from Edit menu) and use the store menu to Get Album Artwork -- POOF, the duplicates are gone, it looks totally integrated now.

I will mark this solved, but am posting it to help others who are upgrading iTunes 11 on OS X Mountain Lion and seeing duplicate alsbums for local and iCloud songs.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 1:55 PM

4 replies

Nov 30, 2012 5:29 AM in response to amichalo

I had a similar problem, many duplicates all with the cloud icon, and many tracks I had purchased years ago for other household members before we all had our own devices and apple id's.

In the store preferences I deselected "Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases" and this solved my problem. Later I'll research why I would want to have that selected. Perhaps some of my purchases I want are no longer visible. For now at least I don't have my daughter's old Hanna Montana collection...

Nov 30, 2012 7:37 AM in response to Dennis Roden

Thanks Dennis & JimAA, this solved the problem for me.

I did notice that the duplicate albums I saw were always because I had purchased the non-remastered version, and iTunes was "offering" me a remastered version of the same album. In the case of duplicate songs, when I did a Get Info on the dowloaded song and compared it to the "iCloud" version, the downloaded version showed a copyright notice after the album name, while the iCloud version did not.

It seems like iTunes 11 needs to improve its logic for detection of un-downloaded content. 😕

itunes 11 duplicate albums local and in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.