Previous 1 33 34 35 36 37 Next 705 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2014 5:17 PM by userjack Go to original post Branched to a new discussion.
  • ichat36 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    rhythmdevils wrote:

     

    Because you have ruined this thread.  Any chance for an article to link here, or for Apple to use this as a reference for what poeple want is ruined.  Because of you.  It is now filled with nonsense and people repeating the same thing over and over and over again. 

     

    You clearly need to participate in online forums for some kind of validation, but please take it somewhere else. 

    NO correction you have ruined the thread with your delusional, manipulating and aggressive personality in trying to control who contributes what and knocking suggestions down because it does not fit your personal agenda. I came to this forum right after I updated to 11 and it was because of a post "you did not like" that I found helpful.  I don't need validation from someone who probably listens to music with 10 MBP and could not tell a track originally recorded on vynil from a digital track.  Your whining is getting tired and I have been more then polite to you.  If you can't accept the fact itunes 11 has changed swap your MAC product out for another product and get a Windows Media Player.  But if you are gonna set here and hope someone has a magic switch or a secret way to bring your needs back its not gonna happen.

  • ichat36 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    rhythmdevils wrote:

     

    Artist view is not the same!  It is useless for the way we use itunes!  Go away!

    LOL, you are like a little child who can't have his way... 

  • rhythmdevils Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Actually, I am a music lover who really likes seeing album artwork.  I am a music lover who cannot manage scrolling through thousands of albums to find the one I'm looking for and needs song view to organize my library.  I am a music lover who used to have binders full of CD's with cover art.  And albums before that.  I am a music lover who has spent hours and hours loading album artwork into itunes.  I am a music lover who wants this taken seriously and not sidetracked by idiot kids with poor reading comprehension. 

  • ichat36 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    verbcrunch wrote:

     

    I use Garage Band to create podcasts, when creating chapters I would drag the album art out of the itunes art window in the lower left hand corner.  

     

    Conversely, if there was no art, or if you wanted to add art, you could drag artwork in from anywhere.      

     

    This feature was available to any song selected.      My iTunes feeds an audience so I can't just switch songs to get the artwork when I'm doing chapters in a podcast.      Hitting "get info" to get the artwork requires many more steps than previous versions of iTunes.


    I just want the ability to select, see, copy paste and drag in iTunes back.    There is no practical workaround in iTunes 11.

     

     

    You can still see the art work... that did not go away - as a matter of fact I'm looking at some 3,000 album covers right now... 

     

    As far having the ARTWORK to drag to GB if you can't drag it from Itunes to your chapter.. then google search the image save it where ever you want and add it to your chapter (assuming you can still add chapter art work - maybe that was taken away)..  I know I know you wanna drop and drag from that little window.

  • Steve Gallagher Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)


    LOl - Oh Steve you are a handful..   So how about you make believe we call it LIST VIEW... pretend thats the name. But really go to ARTIST and you can accomplish the same just slightly different from a visual standpoint. In all honesty I think you are acting a little spoiled (im sorry if thats personal) But you can cross the street 7th street or 6th street but you will still get the other side

    Most people would consider the Song view in iTunes 11 to be the closest to what most call the List view in iTunes 10.7.

     

    In 10.7 it's like a spreadsheet where I can define what data columns I want to display and sort by. And it also has artwork available (you can turn it on or off at your discretion) that acts as a very nice mnemonic device to identify albums.

     

    There are two ways to store physical LPs/CDs:

     

    I have most on shelves in aplhabetical order with the Artist/Album on the spline facing out.

     

    I keep most of my new and unfiled CDs in boxes, but there I keep the spline to the left so I can flip through them, just looking at the album artwork.

     

     

    What I really like about 10.7 that's missing in 11.0 is that I can search by artist, album, etc. but still have the album artwork visible, even for songs that aren't playing.

     

    We don't all use iTunes the same way, some of us don't even use it as a player.

  • ichat36 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    rhythmdevils wrote:

     

    Actually, I am a music lover who really likes seeing album artwork.  I am a music lover who cannot manage scrolling through thousands of albums to find the one I'm looking for and needs song view to organize my library.  I am a music lover who used to have binders full of CD's with cover art.  And albums before that.  I am a music lover who has spent hours and hours loading album artwork into itunes.  I am a music lover who wants this taken seriously and not sidetracked by idiot kids with poor reading comprehension. 

    I too can identify with you on that.. I too am a music lover which at least is one thing we have in common.  I too have albums with CDs but was not smart enough to keep most of the linier notes.. so I had and still have the task of locating the ART work and getting it into itunes. Get missing art work does not work... I've worked in the industry, have press music, promos, white label, unreleased music, **** as main stream as Lady Gaga to random vynial that I could not even tell you who it is. So please don't talk to me about your admiration for music.

  • rhythmdevils Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Ok, well then try reading this again. 

     

    Many of us need to use song view.  There is no longer large artwork in song view for the selected or playing track. 

     

    Got it?  If not please re-read.

  • ichat36 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    rhythmdevils wrote:

     

    Ok, well then try reading this again. 

     

    Many of us need to use song view.  There is no longer artwork in song view. 

     

    Got it?

    Try reading this... if you do not like i-tunes as is - get a grip and move on.  or if you are in te mood for a ******* contest by all means lets continue.

  • rhythmdevils Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Can someone ban this guy? 

  • ichat36 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    rhythmdevils wrote:

     

    Can someone ban this guy? 

    Smart choice to edit your post.

  • DLiquid Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    I've been reading this thread since I upgraded to iTunes 11 several weeks ago. I have always used the Column Browser to locate music in iTunes. Since I have music in several different genres, this has provided me with a way to browse through my library based on what genre I feel like listening to. I then look through the artists and select one, and then look through the albums and select one.

     

    In iTunes 11, the Column Browser is only available in Songs view, but Songs view has two major deficiencies mentioned in this thread:

       1) No album art is displayed in the song list.

       2) There is no visual divider of any kind between albums.

    Songs view is just a big spreadsheet, not what I want to be looking at when I'm browsing for something to listen to.

     

    The other views are pretty much useless to me for browsing my library, because they use a flat list where all of the genres are mixed together, and I can't drill down into my library like I can with the Column Browser. Once I've started playing an album from Songs view, I do sometimes switch over to Artists view so that I can see the cover art. Unfortunately, if I then switch back to Songs view, the Column Browser resets itself (a problem also mentioned in this thread), so that makes the Artists view workaround less useful.

     

    What I am hoping, and I'm sure what many others are hoping, is that Apple will see this thread, and read the feedback that's been submitted, and fix these problems. These are not things that would be difficult to fix. We believe that the current iTunes design is flawed, and no amount of suggesting we use Albums or Artists views is going to change that.

  • rhythmdevils Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Exactly.  That is word for word my problem with itunes11.  The same reason and way I use column browser as well! 

     

    I also get "displaced" in song view a lot now, and that never used to happen in itunes10.  And not just when switching between views. 

  • TPerhai Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    iChat36I have been following this thread all day and all I see from you are comments that should be posted somewhere else, like in a rant thread. I don't like iTunes 11 myself but I am willing to listen to people who like it as long as they are reasonable and have some sense of protocol. If you are defensive and mocking to folks who are trying to give you some reasons as to why they don't like iTunes 11, you're not going to get anywhere. Instead, just agree to disagree.

     

    I am one of those who won't use iTunes 11. It has some features in it that are nice, but overall I don't use it because I feel like I've lost some control over cataloging abilites.

     

    The song view column itself in iTunes 10.7 doesn't have artwork, but it does have the preview window on the lower left hand side of the iTunes program window. The window has a Selected Item option so you can go to another song and see its art while one song is playing. This feature is part of several sorting and cataloging options avilable in iTunes 10, but very limited in iTunes 11.

     

    Also, I like Coverflow in that it displays sort of like a digital jukebox. I don't use it much in the main library, but I do use it in my Playlists. I can flip though the artwork to see if I have set it up properly. I heard that some users had performance problems with Coverflow, but it doesn't seem like the best choice to get rid of it. I have a 2007 Duo Core iMac and generally Coverflow doesn't hinder its performance, even with a list of active programs running.

     

    Artwork has been a major part of the listening experience for many years. From 78 rpm albums to singles and LPs to CDs, and now to digital, artwork has been part of the selling point of a musical work. Relegating it to Get Info and a stamp size doesn't seem like a great user experience to me. Sure, there's Album View, but I do have some tracks that I designated as singles (as in the iTunes 45 albums in the Store). These are some of the reasons I reverted back to iTunes 10.7. I've left feedback a few times, and hope maybe Apple will put in a few more options.

  • ichat36 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    TPerhai wrote:

     

    iChat36I have been following this thread all day and all I see from you are comments that should be posted somewhere else, like in a rant thread. I don't like iTunes 11 myself but I am willing to listen to people who like it as long as they are reasonable and have some sense of protocol. If you are defensive and mocking to folks who are trying to give you some reasons as to why they don't like iTunes 11, you're not going to get anywhere. Instead, just agree to disagree.

     

    I am one of those who won't use iTunes 11. It has some features in it that are nice, but overall I don't use it because I feel like I've lost some control over cataloging abilites.

     

    The song view column itself in iTunes 10.7 doesn't have artwork, but it does have the preview window on the lower left hand side of the iTunes program window. The window has a Selected Item option so you can go to another song and see its art while one song is playing. This feature is part of several sorting and cataloging options avilable in iTunes 10, but very limited in iTunes 11.

     

    Also, I like Coverflow in that it displays sort of like a digital jukebox. I don't use it much in the main library, but I do use it in my Playlists. I can flip though the artwork to see if I have set it up properly. I heard that some users had performance problems with Coverflow, but it doesn't seem like the best choice to get rid of it. I have a 2007 Duo Core iMac and generally Coverflow doesn't hinder its performance, even with a list of active programs running.

     

    Artwork has been a major part of the listening experience for many years. From 78 rpm albums to singles and LPs to CDs, and now to digital, artwork has been part of the selling point of a musical work. Relegating it to Get Info and a stamp size doesn't seem like a great user experience to me. Sure, there's Album View, but I do have some tracks that I designated as singles (as in the iTunes 45 albums in the Store). These are some of the reasons I reverted back to iTunes 10.7. I've left feedback a few times, and hope maybe Apple will put in a few more options.

     

    The person who started this thread is just as mocking and defensive to people who offer suggestions.. But I assume you missed that point and recommenced you return to the top of the thread of read on.  He questions our reading comprehension as well when he does not get an answer he wants to hear.  But, Thats okay right?

     

    I totally get the point of how disappointed people are with itunes 11 but if my suggestion does not help RYTHMDEVIL he should simply THANK YOU.. Its not polite to get bent out of shape toward me or anyone else who offers a suggestion.  What may not work for him may work for someone else who stumbles across this thread.

     

    I have no concern if one does not like my suggestions, I do however have a BIG issue with you anyone being rude and I will give it right back and that is not negotiable. So my suggestion tois do not get involved with he said she said with me because I will win.  Are you clear on what my issue is?

  • rhythmdevils Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    The problem is that you aren't able to comprehend the problem we are discussing, so you keep posting the same workaround that completely miss the point, even though I have repeated it over and over and over again.  And you've been condescending from the beginning about how other people use itunes.

     

    This thread is about album artwork in SONG VIEW!!!! 

     

    Why don't you create your own thread about how perfect album view is and leave us alone. 

Previous 1 33 34 35 36 37 Next