1 31 32 33 34 35 Previous Next 1,170 Replies Latest reply: Jun 2, 2014 2:58 PM by Mark Block Go to original post Branched to a new discussion.
  • 480. Re: Is cover flow gone in iTunes 11?
    JPHP Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

    I 'updated' to 11.0.1 this morning, and was pleased to see Show Duplicate Items is back (note for Apple: not "added" as claimed in the release notes, but *restored*, which isn't the same thing)... but now Cover Stream doesn't display the playing album in full-screen mode - the artwork shows for a second and then disappears. It was working fine before. You have to wonder if it's deliberate.

  • 481. Re: Is cover flow gone in iTunes 11?
     DJ Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    JPHP wrote:

     

    I 'updated' to 11.0.1 this morning, and was pleased to see Show Duplicate Items is back (note for Apple: not "added" as claimed in the release notes, but *restored*, which isn't the same thing)... but now Cover Stream doesn't display the playing album in full-screen mode - the artwork shows for a second and then disappears. It was working fine before. You have to wonder if it's deliberate.

    You try completely wiping out CS and then re-installing it ?

     

    Does CS change the shown albums once a different sort mode has been selected like songbird does ?

  • 482. Re: Is cover flow gone in iTunes 11?
    JPHP Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

         You try completely wiping out CS and then re-installing it ?

     

    Just tried it. No difference.

     

     

         Does CS change the shown albums once a different sort mode has been selected like songbird does ?

        

    Yes - by Artist or Album. Changing it doesn't fix the problem though.

     

     

    One step forward, two steps back.

  • 483. Re: Is cover flow gone in iTunes 11?
     DJ Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    JPHP wrote:

     

    One step forward, two steps back.

     

    ap·ple 

    /ˈapəl/

     

    Noun:

    1. The round fruit of a tree of the rose family, which typically has thin red or green skin and crisp flesh.
    2. An unrelated fruit that resembles this in some way.
    3. One step forward, two steps back.

     

     

    2012 will now be known for apple as the company who coins the phrase one step forward, two steps back.

     

    If someone does something stupid and arbitrary i can now say,

    hey! Atleast you didn't pull an apple!

     

    Apple is now dead to me. I will not be getting a iPhone 5 this christmas. 

    Its the galaxy S3 under the tree. I will gladly suffer the BLE and BLE DM bug atleast i don't have to put up with apple's absolutely idiotic inferiority complex. I might even hold out for the GZone Commando L after all.

     

    How do i delete my iTunes and forum accounts ??!!!!

  • 484. Re: Is cover flow gone in iTunes 11?
    Mark Block Level 2 Level 2 (270 points)

    DJ wrote:

    ap·ple

    /ˈapəl/

     

    Noun:

    1. The round fruit of a tree of the rose family, which typically has thin red or green skin and crisp flesh.
    2. An unrelated fruit that resembles this in some way.
    3. One step forward, two steps back.

     

     

    2012 will now be known for apple as the company who coins the phrase one step forward, two steps back.

     

    If someone does something stupid and arbitrary i can now say,

    hey! Atleast you didn't pull an apple!

     

    Apple is now dead to me. I will not be getting a iPhone 5 this christmas. 

    Its the galaxy S3 under the tree. I will gladly suffer the BLE and BLE DM bug atleast i don't have to put up with apple's absolutely idiotic inferiority complex. I might even hold out for the GZone Commando L after all.

     

    How do i delete my iTunes and forum accounts ??!!!!

    Cutting off the nose to spite the face

     

    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

     

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutting_off_the_nose_to_spite_the_face#mw-headhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutting_off_the_nose_to_spite_the_face#p-search

    "Cutting off the nose to spite the face" is an expression used to describe a needlessly self-destructive over-reaction to a problem: "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face" is a warning against acting out of pique, or against pursuing revenge in a way that would damage oneself more than the object of one's anger.

     

    Jeez, I miss Cover Flow as much as anyone, but there's no need to avoid all Apple products because of it.

  • 485. Re: Is cover flow gone in iTunes 11?
     DJ Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Mark Block wrote:


    ...but there's no need to avoid all Apple products because of it.

     

    I'm going to do just what the company deserves which is what i recommend everyone else does too.

    Don't show quarter to someone that doesn't sell what you want. Go somewhere else.

     

    I think this is the number one mistake consumers have today. They are far to tender hearted and show mercy to "the little guy" which slowly but surely is what apple is becoming now. Consumer will be "well I'll buy it anyways and take it back in a few days if things REALLY don't pan out"

     

    NO! nnnnnnnnnnnnnn NO!.  NO! NO! NO!

     

    No you won't. STEP AWAY FROM THE HOTDOG! It will only cause you pain & you know it!

     

     

    Anyways.

    Apple is no longer the "minority" company the "cool guy" at the moment anyway.

    I also have some pretty big doubts about the companies actual cash value and liquid assets as well. Most of which looks incredibly inflated. Much like social networking 's actual stock value.

    They may have been cool in the late 80's to late 90's but not any longer.

    That crown will probably now be passed to HTC or possibly samsung if they clean up their act. Now when people say apple i say  mmmm.. meh.

    All HTC is missing now is a fruity logo

     

    ...... Now where are those archive and delete buttons...

  • 486. Re: Is cover flow gone in iTunes 11?
    rustyintegrale Level 1 Level 1 (60 points)

    Share values are dropping. If that doesn't make Apple review what it's doing then I don't know what will.

  • 487. Re: Is cover flow gone in iTunes 11?
     DJ Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    You might not be to far off.

     

    http://ctrlv.in/145315

     

    annotated.png

     

    Black arrow represents about the time iTunes 11 was released to devs(testers).

     

    Has apple run out of gas ?

     

     

    ps: The company has lost ATLEAST 35 billion $ in value over the last 3 months.

  • 488. Re: Is cover flow gone in iTunes 11?
    Mark Block Level 2 Level 2 (270 points)

    rustyintegrale wrote:

     

    Share values are dropping. If that doesn't make Apple review what it's doing then I don't know what will.

    Funny, but not true. Share prices are dropping primarily because of profit-taking before the new year. Investors are expecting higher capital gains taxes in 2013, so now is the time to take profits. Also, last week Apple cut their parts orders on forecast of lower sales in China. Target share prices have been downgraded from $900 to under $800. Apple shares are a bargain now. The iTunes fiasco is a non issue.

  • 489. Re: Is cover flow gone in iTunes 11?
     DJ Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Mark Block wrote:

     

    rustyintegrale wrote:

     

    Share values are dropping. If that doesn't make Apple review what it's doing then I don't know what will.

    Funny, but not true. Share prices are dropping primarily because of profit-taking before the new year. Investors are expecting higher capital gains taxes in 2013, so now is the time to take profits. Also, last week Apple cut their parts orders on forecast of lower sales in China. Target share prices have been downgraded from $900 to under $800. Apple shares are a bargain now. The iTunes fiasco is a non issue.

     

    Mark any relation to block from enGadget ? (Servants of all things iCrap)

     

    I REALLY doubt it just doesn't have anything to do with product releases.

    People are starting to see the light (or should i say plastic) and migrating more to the S3 which has now taken the lead in global sales.

    Walmart just started selling the iPhone 5 for 120$ (non refurbished).

    Not like walmart doesn't drop prices all the time on big ticket items to attract buyers but you have to admit the timing is definitely in question. It's no doubt the new line of iphones and ipods didn't hit the projected marks.

    ESPECIALY in china.

  • 490. Re: Is cover flow gone in iTunes 11?
    Mark Block Level 2 Level 2 (270 points)

    DJ wrote:

     

    Mark any relation to block from enGadget ? (Servants of all things iCrap)

     

    I REALLY doubt it just doesn't have anything to do with product releases.

    No relation. My only connection with Apple is the $150,000 I had my company spend on Final Cut systems and an Xsan prior to Apple abandoning both.

     

    REALLY, Apple's stock price has nothing to do with consumer dissatisfaction with iTunes 11, or even with current sales. Apple is still making unbeleivably huge profits on high profit-margin hardware. However, the issue of Apple's "halo" fading is certainly a long-term concern for the company. Did Jobs take the halo with him when he died? Nah, I don't think Jobs was the kind of guy who could go straight to heaven.

  • 491. Re: Is cover flow gone in iTunes 11?
    MacPow75 Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

    IDK... I am very heavily invested in Apple Hardware and Software and I have no plans to change platforms... but, this coverflow thing just leaves me a little less enthusiastic in general about Apple...

  • 492. Re: Is cover flow gone in iTunes 11?
    drew124 Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

    As a stop-gap measure, CoverFlow 1.2 can be downloaded from MacUpdate. It works, and adding missing artwork is easy. Still, it has very limited functionality, but it will calm you down till Apple fills the gap for real.

  • 493. Re: Is cover flow gone in iTunes 11?
    Flakmonkey Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Cover Flow is now the least of my issues, having just attempted to use home sharing through my iPhone so that I can listen to my library through my home hi-fi. Cover art all messed up, only a tiny proportion of my library listed by artist, huge gaps when listing by album.

     

    To quote Steve, and to all who were involved in this upgrade:

     

    "You've tarnished Apple's reputation…you should hate each other for letting each other down"

  • 494. Re: Is cover flow gone in iTunes 11?
    jesmondo Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    It really is a disaster isn't it.

     

    Extraordinary to think that the loss of Cover Flow has become a comparatively trivial issue. The whole search functionality is woeful and the loss (theft?) of cover art is a massive annoyance that undoes 10 years of loving care and attention.

     

    No response from Apple at all - are they listening and, of more concern, do they even care?

1 31 32 33 34 35 Previous Next