Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

last played field not updating in iTunes 11

imac-MacBook Air-iPhone4-Apple TV-Time Capsule, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 2:24 PM

14 replies

Dec 7, 2012 12:05 AM in response to macsync

This is nuts. I base playlists on last played. I prefer to have crossfade ON. Why won't the last played update with the crossfade on? I've turned it off, but don't like it. I also am not a fan of this new setup. Even at Apple, when people mess with things working well, it's never the same or as good as it once was.

Feb 3, 2013 9:09 AM in response to ad6id

In iTunes 11.x, "Last Played" function is changed to "Last time this track completed playing". A new field, "Last Skipped" gets updated every time you play any part of a track.

By experiment, with Crossfade ON, I allowed a track to complete and after the crossfade time expired, the "Last Played" field was updated. If I turn Crossfade OFF, the Last Played field is updated immediately on completion of play. Crossfade on/off is NOT the cause (or cure) to the problem.

"Last Skipped" updates every time you leave a track and move to another track.

Enjoy your keeping track of your tracks.

Applecare knows this now.

Tony

Mar 26, 2013 3:12 PM in response to ad6id

O.K., where is the "Last time this tack completed playing" listed?

When I go to "View Options", I see "Last Played" & now "Last Skipped", which I guess is the new Option, but not "Last time this tack completed playing".

And my "Last Played" is still not updating. I have had Crossfade set to "Off" & even tried setting it to "On", with no effect.

However, when I Sync my iPod Classic to the MacMini, the lsat time the song was played on the iPod shows up in iTunes on the MacMini, just not the last time the song was played on the MacMini.

What does show up is the time stamp for the 1st song that I told the MacMini to play. Subsequent songs do not have a "Last Played" time stamp

Jun 6, 2013 1:25 PM in response to markfromberkeley heights

Mark,

The "Last Played" field name has not changed. It's behavior has changed to indicate the last time this track completed playing. It does not update until the track has completed on its own.

As I mentioned in my Feb 3 post. (The function changed, not the name):

In iTunes 11.x, "Last Played" function is changed to "Last time this track completed playing". A new field, "Last Skipped" gets updated every time you play any part of a track.

"Last Skipped" seems to only update the 1st time it was skipped that day.

Have fun

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.