Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old FaceTime update stuck in App Store Updates

I must not have updated FaceTime before I updated to Mountain Lion (now on 10.8.2), because I have permanently stuck in my App Store Updates and update for FaceTime Version 1.0.2 Released Mar 22, 2011.

How Can I get this out of my MAS Updates?

Thanks!

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 3:21 PM

9 replies

Jan 7, 2013 4:41 AM in response to jpfromwa

Thanks for the confirmation with the shot. I think I may know what's happening here. The one inside your Applications folder is probably the correct version which you entioned. The MAS probably sees an older version on another partition. Have you used superduper before or any other backup app for related purposes?

Can you use your spotlight to see where else copies of FaceTime may be installed? Thanks.

Nov 25, 2015 10:03 AM in response to HACKINT0SH

I also had this problem. I too did not install the update for FaceTime (Version 1.0.2 Released Mar 22, 2011) sat there in my updates window before I updated from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion. I too could not get rid of the update notification.

Then I found an older version of FaceTime in another folder and uninstalled it. Problem solved.

Thanks HACKINTOSH!

Old FaceTime update stuck in App Store Updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.