Previous 1 2 3 4 Next 52 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2015 4:28 AM by btchw8
incredibilistic Level 1 (5 points)

I love the new iTunes look but has anyone noticed that the shuffle and repeat buttons are nowhere to be found? Actually, they're still there but I can only access them through the menu bar.

Looking at a review on Cult of Mac they show those buttons flanking the track timeline/scrubber.

My Mac is a bit dated, Early 2008, but I'm running Mountain Lion so I can't imagine something as simple as the shuffle and repeat buttons would be determined by my laptop. Sure I don't have AirPlay or AirDrop but I understand why. But no shuffle or repeat icons? Doubt that's the issue but what else could it be?

I've restarted the program a handful of times to see if that would help. The last thing I'll try is rebooting entirely but can't imagine that effecting something like a c

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
  • JoeDiBease Level 1 (30 points)

It should be in the track scrubbing bar on the left and right side of it.

• incredibilistic Level 1 (5 points)

Exactly, and they're not there. I have the mini-album art picture, the track title, timeline/scrubber, Up Next icon, but no shuffle or repeat.

Any suggestions?

• andre.tferreira Level 1 (0 points)

there you go mate

Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 11.21.54 PM.png

Looks like a reboot fixed the problem!!

I didn't mention it but I'm still missing album art in the iTunes Store but my guess is that problem is on Apple's side. Servers are probably getting hammered right now.

I also found a trick. CMD+OPT+S reveals the trusty sidebar and they added color back to the icons. Interesting, I wonder if they'll put the color back into the Finder icons?

Oh well, crisis averted

• skullen44 Level 1 (0 points)

I had this exact same problem (missing shuffle/repeat buttons). Rebooting and reapplying iTunes installer (download from itunes.com) did not fix the problem. I created a new user and ran iTunes with that user, and the shuffle/repeat buttons appeared. Logged back into my main account and the buttons were there as well.

I hope this helps someone, I know I was super frustrated.

Now that I'm home on my Vista PC (I know, I know, it was a gift; still saving up for a shiny new iMac) I'm having the same issue.

I've rebooted twice, logged in and out, and created a new ID as you suggested but still nothing. This is really driving me to drink and yet it's so simple and stupid that I can't believe I'm losing my mind over a couple of little icons.

I can only hope that more people are having this issue so Apple can address it.

It's little crap like this that just ruins the experience. Argh!! I'm so ****** about this and yet I shouldn't be.

• skullen44 Level 1 (0 points)

Sorry to hear that, I'm running it on Mountain Lion, so I can't speak for how it would work in Vista. The thing I would try is un-install iTunes completely, create a new user account, log in and install iTunes using a fresh download from itunes.com on the new user account, and see if that fixes it. Otherwise I don't know what else to do.

This is a shame too because iTunes 11 is pretty good update otherwise.

• JaredHilgeneck Level 1 (5 points)

The problem is the new "Up Next" feature in iTunes 11, which works much like the D.J. on the old iTunes.

If you select a song by clicking "Add To Up Next" or "Play Next" then the shuffle and repeat buttons disappear.

Screen Shot 2012-11-30 at 3.04.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2012-11-30 at 3.05.17 AM.png

A simple fix if you want to listen to a song on repeat/shuffle is to hit "Clear" in the "Up Next" section.

I just noticed that. Not sure I understand the logic but at least I know this is normal behavior. This has been driving me batty.

• franknoort Level 1 (0 points)

Same here!. When "Up next" is selected, the shuffle option is gone and there is know way to shuffle through songs or albums in the "up next" list

Just cant imagine that this is way it designed. It just doesn't make any sense.  Up next is now Up yours..

• tomas romaniuk Level 1 (0 points)

Same here:( have somebody solved it? somehow?

• lazyronin Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you! That fixed it for me!

• hufferb Level 1 (0 points)

This still doesn't work for me. I want to repeat a song I add to "Up Next." As the song plays, I go to the Up Next list and select "Clear." The Repeat and Shuffle buttons do reappear and usually repeat is already selected, BUT the song does not actually repeat. Has anyone else experienced this or (better yet) found a fix?

• JaredHilgeneck Level 1 (5 points)

Your problem might be that you have selected repeat all:

Screen Shot 2012-12-24 at 2.11.51 PM.png

..rather than repeat one:

Screen Shot 2012-12-24 at 2.12.06 PM.png

You can change this by simply clicking the repeat button until it changes to repeat one.

Hope this solves your problem.

Previous 1 2 3 4 Next