Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, I'd like to ask this question again and see if I didn't make my needs clear enough. Sorry if I was vauge before but this should help. I need to sync my old mac to my new one.

Here's my problem...The latest version of Quicktime as new as it sounds doesn't support screen recording on a powermac G5 Motorola chip with OS 10.5.8 which is the highest os I can go with that machine. If I can sync the two computers so I can get the application to record from my newer computer then I'm ok. I just don't have the recording application for audio that I'm using to demo for the website on the laptop as it's about 10,000 dollars. So, I have to use the older computer to do the audio presentation and try to get the newer computer synced to it so I can use the new version that works on snow leopard to record a screen shot that will hopefully appear on my laptop instead of the old machine. Hope that makes sense. It's a bit confusing but in a nutshell it's like this:

1. I am a Pro Tools Instructor which is the state of the art application and recording device for audio and movie scoring and I have a new job where I make small snippets of tips using Pro Tools which I'd like to record with quicktime on screen as they happen

2. the best version of Quicktime Pro available for the Power Mac, OS 10.5.8 will not do screen recording on it.

3. I can use the Quicktime application from my newer laptop but I need to sync it to the old machine

4. I'm hoping but I don't know, if I do this, that I can record Pro Tools in action from my new machine buy seeing it on this laptop screen and then recording it with the new quicktime.

5. If I can sync the two computers, I'm hoping this can happen but I can't use my ethernet connection as I have it used to connect to my recording console and can't afford to buy anything new like an ethernet hub yo connect the two so I'm hoping that there's another way to connect them.

I hope that makes sense and that possible you or someone else can help. Thanks so much! Scott

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 3:51 PM

There are no replies.

Hi, I'd like to ask this question again and see if I didn't make my needs clear enough. Sorry if I was vauge before but this should help. I need to sync my old mac to my new one.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.