Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! My IPHONE 4! wont let me turn wifi on

Ok, I have this verizon deactivated iphone and when ever I try to turn the wifi on it doesn't seem to slide! Please help me i want to use it but not as a phone. Thank you. Iphone 4 8g everything else works perfect except this.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 3:22 PM

11 replies

Nov 29, 2012 3:45 PM in response to SheikNaabie

Hi SheikNaabie,

Firstly, try updating the phone and see if the update fix it. If this does not work maybe restoring the iPhone to factory setting may fix it. Make sure to back up any important information. Lastly, the issue could be a hardware malfunction that may not be fixed. It's possible to go to your local Apple store and see if they can fix it, or replace it.

Hope this helps and you can get your Wifi working!

-Cliffy

Nov 30, 2012 3:55 PM in response to SheikNaabie

Hey SheikNaabie,

Sounds like you might need to backup and attempt a Restore and Set Up As New Device.

IF after doing that the device is STILL unable to connect go to selfsolve.apple.com, type in your serial number (settings> general >about) and see if your warranty is still good. If not you can try to take it to an apple store or call in to set up a repair because the wifi antenna might be gone.

Apr 23, 2013 5:35 PM in response to SheikNaabie

have you read this article?..

Resolution

Follow these steps to resolve the issue:

1. Verify that airplane mode is off by tapping Settings > Airplane Mode.
  2. Reset the network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
    Note: This will reset all network settings, including Bluetooth pairing records, Wi-Fi passwords, VPN, and APN settings
  3. Ensure that your device is using the latest software. To do so, connect your device to your computer and check for updates in iTunes.
  4. If your issue is still unresolved, perform a software restore in iTunes.

Additional Information

If you are still unable to turn Wi-Fi on, please contact Apple for support and service options.

If you are able to turn Wi-Fi on but are experiencing other issues with Wi-Fi, please see this article.

Help! My IPHONE 4! wont let me turn wifi on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.